Unlimited access to BI & Analytics expertise
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide gives you unlimited access to a vast amount of BI & Analytics expertise. Whether you want to choose a tool or vendor or want to know everything about the field itself. With this unique, interactive guide, you can give your knowledge of the field and the market a quick and thorough boost. We’ve done all the legwork for you, saving you up to thousands of dollars per year. Staying up-to-date in your field or choosing a tool has never been easier or more objective. Download the BI & Analytics Guide 2021 here.
What can the BI & Analytics Guide do for managers and professionals?
The online Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide opens up a whole new world. The accessible, practical knowledge can be quickly applied in your organization or that of your customers. The direct benefits and applications of the Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide are:
- Develop, refine, and enrich your knowledge as a data professional in the field of your choosing. The guide can be used as an online training course for yourself and your team. Take advantage of the valuable insights contained in its extensive video library.
- Select, as a consultant or manager, the vendor(s) that best suit(s) the requirements of your organization or project. Order the BI & Analytics Guide for an objective vendor evaluation in the run up to an RFP proposal, a tool selection, or in preparation for a presentation.
- Compare and evaluate vendors in relation each other. If you are a vendor, see how you stack up against the competition.
- Stay up to date on the latest developments and news in your field and the market, as a consultant or manager.
All of these applications have been developed and integrated into one user-friendly guide so that you can do your work more quickly and advise your clients or colleagues more effectively.
Main topics of Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide 2021
The following topics are considered in the BI & Analytics Guide. Each topic also covers a large number of sub-topics, represented by the number following each subject below. In total, over a thousand relevant subjects and countless examples have already been integrated into the guide, with new ones being regularly added.
✪ Artificial Intelligence (+100)
✪ Big data (+100)
✪ Business Intelligence (+100)
✪ Connectivity (+100)
✪ Data discovery (+100)
✪ Data governance (+50)
✪ Data integration (+25)
✪ Mobile Business Intelligence (+50)
✪ Multidimensional models (+25)
✪ Performance optimization (+50)
✪ Performance management (+25)
✪ Real-time options (+25)
✪ Self-service functionality (+25)
Learning Objectives to be achieved
With the Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide, you not only have all the comparison tools to evaluate vendors in your hands, but you also get instant access to a complete learning environment and training portal. Immerse yourself in the terminology, BI jargon and all possible applications. Regardless of the vendors, you can achieve the following learning objectives with our BI & Analytics Guide:
- Understand the fundamentals of (enterprise) Business Intelligence, Analytics, reporting, dashboarding and big data
- How to perform basket analysis, root-cause analysis and principal factor analysis.
- What is the use of a data lake and what do you need for it?
- What is (embedded) artificial intelligence and when do you use it?
- How does deep learning differ from machine learning?
- What is a neural network and how and when do you apply it?
- Understand the basics of statistics: standard deviation, forecasting, linear regression, etc.
- What is data storytelling and how do you apply it successfully?
- What is guided analysis, what are the benefits and how do you implement it?
- How to set up a geoanalysis and what aspects should you consider?
- How to perform a sentiment analysis on social media?
- What is a cohort analysis and when do you apply it?
- What are the essentials of (big) data visualization?
- When do you apply a donut chart and how do you create one?
- Learn how to optimally visualize data with heat maps, pareto, funnel, word cloud, etc.
- What is a (reverse) lasso selection and how do you execute it?
- What is an omnichannel strategy and what are the challenges in analytics?
- What is advanced analytics and how does it relate to AI?
- What is text analytics and when can you apply this technique?
- What is automated analytics and what risks are associated with this?
- What are relevant applications of video and audio analytics?
- What examples of predictive maintenance are there in various industries?
- Get to know the different types of algorithms and concepts such as: decision trees, natural language processing, business rules, computer vision, A/B testing, bayesian networks, responsible AI, et cetera
- How do you set up big data pipelines and what performance gains can you achieve with them?
- What is IoT analytics and how will you use sensor data for better results?
- How will you set up the governance of “normal” data, master data, meta data and big data?
- What is data quality management and how will you improve your data quality?
- What is data profiling and how do you make sure that business rules automatically flag or reject bad data?
- When do you apply report bursting and what are the advantages?
- How do you create an interactive (PDF) report?
- What is Hadoop (hive), pig, hortonworks, mapreduce, and what do you need to know about them?
- What is a (real-time) data warehouse, a data hub, and what are the best practices for applying data integration?
- What is data virtualization and do you then no longer need a data warehouse?
- What is the advantage of an MPP data warehouse?
- What is a star schema, a snowflake schema and when do you apply them?
- What is data warehouse automation and which aspects are important?
- What role do slowly changing dimensions (SCD) play in building history and other ETL tasks?
- What is a REST API and when does it make sense to use it?
- Understand the world behind abbreviations such as: DAX, MDX, JSON, AD, ROLAP and MOLAP
- When and how do you apply load balancing, caching, parallel processing and in-memory BI?
These are just a few of the enormous learning potential of our BI & Analytics Guide. In addition, you will learn how the market fits together, which vendors are active and what their strengths and weaknesses are. On each of the above subjects, you can actually check yourself how a specific vendor scores on them. Get the most out of the BI & Analytics Guide: download it today.
Regardless of your goal, this guide will effortlessly and interactively guide you through the maze of jargon, vendors, tools, concepts, and relevant terms of the field. Access more than a thousand videos and insights, all neatly ordered. The knowledge they contain is essential for any (freelance) BI consultant or data science & analytics manager. In just two taps or clicks, you can access all the information and knowledge required to execute or manage your projects even better than before.
End-users can instantly see the strengths and weaknesses of each vendor. These clear insights can help you understand and contextualize developments in the market and make a final vendor selection (based on both a long list and a short list of criteria).
Finally: you can verify whether or not a certain insight corresponds with reality. The BI & Analytics Guide™ 2021 is no black box, but a clear looking glass that offers much to see and learn.
The ideal combination of algorithms and the human eye
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide is developed by experts with over 20 years of experience in the field. Our experts are assisted by various AI technologies, such as text analytics, among others. The knowledge and insights revealed aren’t just widely accessible and applicable, but also deeper than the knowledge possessed even by experienced consultants and managers. In addition to an ensemble of algorithms, the human eye (our experts) provides the finishing touch, overruling the algorithms when necessary – a perfect symbiosis of man and machine (learning).
Just a few clicks away from a world of practical knowledge
The Business Intelligence & Analytics Guide is divided into 4 practical chapters (modules) designed for anyone who wants to stay up-do-date on the latest developments in the field and/or those who want to monitor the performance of BI & Data Science vendors. Do you also want to follow a short course on deep learning by renowned experts in the field, or learn about DAX, AutoML, AI bots, self-service data discovery, Google Bigquery, Tensorflow, contextual data mining, or JSON. Do you want to learn how to make a good data visualization? With this modular, interactive BI guide you’re only a few clicks away from clear answers, new knowledge, and surprising insights.
The self-service analysis module
Using the self-service analysis module (an optional order) you can also determine which vendors to keep an eye on and which criteria are important to you.
Example of the self-service functionality of the BI & Analytics Guide. These scores are randomized and are merely meant to show off the functionality. Click here to download the guide
Download this essential guide today
The BI & Analytics Guide runs on any device, cellphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop. For just 99 euros you get access to the Guide on three different devices. If you want to allow more users, you can easily modify the license agreement online.
Take advantage of every extra feature
- Broaden and deepen your knowledge of the field with a low barrier to entry using thousands of demos, tutorials, training courses, tech talks, classes, et cetera
- Drill-down to five levels deep so that you never have to stop learning all the tricks of the trade
- Download any graph and save it as an image. Simply drag the images into your Word or Powerpoint file and enrich your presentations
- Evaluate every vendor based on their market dominance and functionality and draw your own (preliminary) conclusions based on the many graphs
These scores are randomized and are merely meant to show off the functionality. Click here to download the guide
- Draft a shortlist of vendors that meet your (knockout) selection criteria
- Stay up-to-date: gain access to every relevant and available news source in the field of BI, AI, data science, and analytics
- Gain deeper and more refined knowledge by clicking on the subjects relevant to your interests
Target audience: professionals who want to use their data more effectively
The BI & Analytics Guide has been specially developed for the broader community of consultants, advisors, and BI managers that lead BI teams, Datalabs, or a Business Intelligence Competence Center (BICC). But data and IT professionals, independent advisors, (freelance) consultants, business managers, IT managers, CIOs, Chief Data Officers, and managers of consultancy firms will benefit from this digital platform. Knowledge is still power. Leap ahead of the competition and give your employees and teams immediate access to a unique and crucial source of knowledge.
Contents: every important vendor and almost 1,000 relevant topics
The BI & Analytics Guide 2021 contains (as of this writing) material from 20 vendors and all of their relevant products. The latest version of their products is always evaluated. With almost 1,000 relevant topics in the field, this guide is a crucial source of up-to-date knowledge. Is there a vendor missing you’d like to see included? Contact us and we can add a relevant vendor for you.
When relevant, you can also zoom in on the radar graphs. The BI & Analytics Guide also contains line graphs that visualize a vendor’s results over time so you can see how quickly or slowly they develop.
4 reasons to order the BI & Analytics Guide 2021 now
The BI & Analytics Guide was developed with a focus on these important benefits (among others):
- QUICKLY INCREASE YOUR KNOWLEDGE. With this guide, you’re never more than two mouse clicks removed from an ever-growing library of videos and news items. Consult a short instructional video at any time, such as a 5-minute video by an expert explaining the concept of a data lake. Or follow a demonstration, a tutorial, or an inspirational (mini) class by an absolute expert in the field of Machine Learning (ML), such as Stanford University’s Andrew Ng. Thanks to the guide’s easy-to-use navigation, you’ll never get lost and all the relevant content is handed to you on a silver platter.
- 100% OBJECTIVE EVALUATIONS. The BI & Analytics Guide and its underlying knowledge base makes the process of evaluating vendors and everything that comes with it completely objective. Every subjective factor, such as dishonest answers, human errors, and randomness has been removed from the process. The result is an objective evaluation system that is fair to vendors, consultants, and end-users. The goal is to arrive at the “best choice” in a specific business situation. Travelers that want to compare hotels go to tripadvisor. People who want to evaluate potential employers go to Glassdoor. And smart professionals that want to compare BI software download the BI & Analytics Guide.
- ALWAYS UP-TO-DATE. Thanks to the algorithms that continuously run in the background, checking relevant public sources, the BI & Analytics Guide™ is always up-to-date and complete. Traditional analyst reports, on the other hand, can take a year or more to generate and are thus dated the second they’re published. Also, besides the real-time updating of the data, the algorithm is regularly updated and the reliability of the data and content is regularly checked. This ensures that the insights that users get access to through the Guide are always based on the latest developments and the latest versions of the software.
- SAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS PER MONTH. By using our guide to its fullest potential, you can realize significant time savings. If a consultant, manager, or all members of a team, on average, each invest a good number of hours per month in “keeping up to date with the profession” and everything associated with it (and this is certainly not an unrealistic scenario), by using our platform you can significantly reduce this time expenditure. You will quickly save hundreds of euros per employee per month based on an average hourly rate of 100 euros. Purchasing the BI & Analytics Guide therefore quickly pays for itself.
Do you want to quickly learn more about BI, AI & Analytics?
Objective and quick access to information and knowledge about the field, the BI & Analytics market, the vendors, and the software functionality is rare. Most manually created reports, knowledge banks, or online training platforms are expensive, inaccessible, and opaque. They also frequently contain subjective elements.
The developers of the BI & Analytics Guide have broken these old patterns. They chose an alternative, innovative mobile-first and AI-first approach. The examples (over 1,000) make this Guide very appealing and accessible, so that everyone will want to get their hands on this guide.
This makes our BI & Analytics Guide the first guide that is 100% based on completely objective and verified big data. Completely free of biases. Try the BI & Analytics Guide for only 99 euros.