Data integration for complex data volumes
Syncsort DMX is the fastest, most efficient data integration technology available to extract business-critical information from massive and complex data volumes. Syncsort DMX solutions enable organisations to make critical decisions, unlock greater value from their data, and drive business results. Best of all, these benefits come with lower total cost of ownership (TCO) and superior time-to-value.
Which features does Syncsort DMX support?
If you want to know how Syncsort DMX scores on different key selection criteria and exactly which functionality it provides. We did all the work for you. Vendors will often tell you only the strengths of their solution(s). In our vendor neutral survey, all the features are revealed, including the weak points. Why buy our vendor independent survey?
Information from the vendor
There are more than 1,100 Syncsort DMX customers today across more than 70 countries. Across the entire data integration business (including mainframe and sort), we have thousands of customers.
All major platforms and architectures (UNIX, LINUX and Windows) are supported. Syncsort DMX has an interpreted engine, so jobs / tasks can transparently be moved across platforms without recompilation.
Ease of use
Ease of use and simplicity is a key value of DMExpress. A team can be up and running with the complete Syncsort DMX environment using the simple template based design paradigm within days, while the self-tuning engine means that developers do not have to design for performance as the optimizer eliminates the need for expensive and time consuming tuning cycles during and post deployment. Standard training for Syncsort DMX is only 2 days.
In order to streamline and simplify development and maintenance operations five core stages are used and the Syncsort DMX screens are kept simple and consistent to enable easy navigation. Only the operations that are allowed and possible within a given context will be presented via the interface.
Individual transformation steps (the building blocks of a Syncsort DMX application are called tasks) can be reused in multiple applications, while each called instance can use a separate set of parameters picked up at runtime.
A transformation process is called a job, which can be split in a hierarchy of named sub-jobs while at the lowest level tasks can be created and tested separately and individually.
- Run step by step: Down to the atomic level of tasks, each individual step in a job can be executed separately.
- Run row by row: yes
- Breakpoints: Tasks are all built as self-contained unit testable components reading / writing to files at design time which can then with a single click switch to in memory for performance at runtime.
- Watchpoints: Each task is a self-contained unit testable component (reading and writing to files in development) so manual watchpoints are not required.
- Highlight errors: The graphical interface immediately warns and if possible prevents a user at development time from creating impossible execution steps so yes automatically (no click required).
- Automatically suggest corrections to syntax or field name errors: Yes, the product provides extensive assistance and guidance which goes beyond simple syntax corrections the optimizer will actually provide hints in the log as to how performance could be improved e.g. give me 500Mb more memory and this join could be done without touching disk.
“This is not a real-time product it is a batch product”
Rick van der Linden, senior analyst and author of the ETL Tools & Data Integration Survey said about Syncsort DMX: “Unlike most of its competitors, this is not a real-time product it is a batch product that you schedule.” Find out more and order now the ETL Tools & Data Integration Survey 2018.
100% vendor independent research
In the ETL Tools & Data Integration Survey 2018 you’ll find the list of ETL tools in the market, including for each data integration platform an expert review, many comparison graphs and a comparison matrix with all the features. And a thorough 100% vendor independent evaluation of Syncsort DMX and all the other ETL and data integration solutions in the market.