Lean training: continuous improvement of processes and behavior
Many lean processes unfortunately do not (yet) achieve the intended results early enough. After achieving quick wins, attention to them wanes. Either improvement teams work against the organizational hierarchy during the implementation of real improvements, or there is a lack of confidence among employees, they are not assured job retention, or they find it difficult to break existing patterns.
Lean releases a lot, but how do you solve the problems?
Lean Management reveals a great deal in an organization, there is a lot involved. You notice that it isn’t easy to achieve real results, because:
- In which situations can you apply the Lean methodology and in which ones can you not?
- How do you get everything in place for a Lean process and make the business case?
- How do you deal with distrust and resistance from employees and managers?
- How do you deal with the different perceptions of the concept of customer value?
- Which organizational conditions play a decisive role?
- How to hold onto the big picture: the tilt toward an intelligent organization?
- Which project approach will put you on the right path and allow you to effectively manage the Lean pitfalls?
If you are faced with one or more of these questions, then our 2-day Lean training course is recommended.
Many internal processes run on autopilot without considering the customer. And it is exactly the discovery of the autopilot and the redirection and re-organization of these processes that is an important part of the Lean improvement methodology. An improvement without applying Lean principles can hardly lead to good results.
Where do you come in contact with it?
In this practice-oriented Lean training course, you will be introduced to the key Lean principles and learn how you can successfully implement Lean Management. Lean expert and business expert Engineer Hans Peters takes you into the world of Lean, PDCA improvement circles, KPIs, customer orientation, and effective behavior. You will learn the key principles and everything that comes with them to apply them successfully.
What steps do you take for a Lean organization?
- Specify, precisely, the added value of the finished product to the customer
- Appoint / describe all activities in the current process
- Place only the activities that add value (from the client’s point of view) in succession
- Put the customer at the wheel / this pulls the trigger of the process
- Formulate and implement a comprehensive plan to implement the changes (PDCA)
Lean can certainly be learned
Our powerful Lean training gives (project) managers and consultants the tools to effectively implement changes in the organization according to a unique recipe: customer-minded + key performance indicators + lean processes + feedback = improved results. After this training you will be well-equipped to provide leadership to a Lean process and remove the greatest waste from your process. Thus, you’ll improve the quality of the organization, your customers are more satisfied, and you increase your financial results.
What will you learn during this training course?
As a participant, your ‘customer-driven’ and ‘result-oriented’ competencies are further improved. You will learn the importance of a strong direction for the organization, the power of visual management, how to gain insight into the regular flow of the business processes of your organization and get guidance to improve it. You will also learn to detect and address problems using the Kaizen method. The manner in which the people within the organization handle Lean is crucial for success. We concentrate on that too.
Structure of the Lean training
The workshop consists of a theoretical part and a practical part by playing the Lean Process Game. By doing, the acquired theory will come alive and is better retained. The workshop gives you excellent tools for in depth modules on KPI Management, Change Management, and Process Management.
Day 1: Theory surrounding Lean, Lean Process Game & Attitude and Behavior
- INTRODUCTION: After an introduction session, we start with the basics of a Lean organization. What are those principles? And how does it work?
- CUSTOMER-MINDED MODULE: The customer is central to everything we do in a Lean organization. In this block, the customer is emphatically discussed. How do we know that customers are satisfied and how do we gain their trust?
- LEAN PROCESS GAME: The Lean Process Game is an important part of the workshop. You are introduced to Lean in a unique manner through participation in the Lean Process Game. You learn by doing in a fun way, and develop an understanding of the different tools of Lean and its use.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT MODULE: The transition to a Lean organization requires change. Management and employees should be included in this. This block focuses on change management.
- ATTITUDE & BEHAVIOR MODULE: The Attitude and Behavior module makes you aware of the impact that you yourself have to the ongoing changes. The theory and practicing giving and receiving feedback are part of this module.
Day 2: Operational management, process optimization and Kaizen
- OPENING SESSION: The second day starts with an opening session. Participants play a decisive role in this.
- OPERATIONAL MANAGEMENT MODULE: The Operational Management module clarifies why the visualization of planned targets and actual results have a good effect on improving those results. The design and operation of Operations Management is on the agenda.
- PROCESS OPTIMIZATION MODULE: With the process optimization module we practice visualizing the processes. The waste in the processes becomes painfully obvious all too often.
- KAIZEN MODULE: Attack problems at the source by finding and eliminating root causes. These are the essential steps in the execution of a Kaizen.
- Closing & Evaluation.
What are the benefits of this Lean training?
✓ You will get an integral image of the Lean organization and its key principles
✓ You get the tools to transition into an intelligent Lean organization
✓ The two days of theory and practice will give you lots of energy and inspiration
✓ You can immediately get started with your colleagues the next day
Register for the Lean training
Would you also like to make the Lean improvement in your organization a success and achieve the intended results? Sign up now for the 2-day Lean Training Course.